Press Release 1/23/15 MORE YELLOWSTONE BISON SENT TO SLAUGHTER
At Least 300 of America's Last Wild Buffalo Killed Through Hunting and Slaughter
Update from the Field 1/22/15 Yellowstone Buffalo Sent to Slaughter, Week of Action Planned!
* Update from the Field: Yellowstone Bison Sent to Slaughter
* NEW Videos from Buffalo Field Campaign
* NEWTAKE ACTION ALERTS!
* Make a Difference to the Lives of Others by Sending a Hand Crafted Valentine
* LISTEN! Make No Bones About It Radio Interview
* Join BFC for a Week of Action!
* Submit Your Bison Photos for 2016 Calendar! 2015 Calendars Still Available
* Joining Wolf Defenders in MT: Another Act of Solidarity from BFC
* VOLUNTEER! Seeking Buffalo Warriors for this Field Season
* By the Numbers
* Last Words of Buffalo Inspiration ~ Gene Sengstake, BFC Supporter
Update from the Field 1/15/15
* Update from the Field
* TAKE ACTION!Support ESA Listing for Wild Bison
* Send Some BuffaLove this Valentine's Day with Beautiful Handcrafted Cards
* Submit Your Bison Photos for BFC's 2016 Wild Bison Calendar! 2015 Calendars Still Available
* VOLUNTEER! Seeking Buffalo Warriors for This Field Season
* By the Numbers
* Last Words of Buffalo Inspiration ~ Mike Mease
Press Release 9/15/14 Friends of Animals, Buffalo Field Campaign file rule-making petition
to stop slaughter of buffalo in Yellowstone Park
In Memory of our Co-Founder, Rosalie Little Thunder
Rosalie Little Thunder
September 18, 1949-August 9, 2014 Read more
Press Release 8/06/14 Livestock Board Corrupts Decision on Habitat for Public Buffalo in Montana Advocates call attention to abuse of public process that has denied access to year-round habitat for public buffalo in Montana -- Over 100,000 people disenfranchised by livestock industry board Chronological supporting documentation
Press Release 6/26/14
BISON ACTIVIST CONVICTED OF BLOCKING YELLOWSTONE'S WILD BISON TRAP
Federal Judge Rejects Plea Agreement, Punishes Public Support for Activist's Actions
Buffalo Field Campaign 6/26/14
6/25/14 DOL Trespass
Montana Department of Livestock (MDOL) agents trespass on a local landowner's property. Landowner Ed Ryberg shows the MDOL agent a letter from Governor Bullock stating that it is illegal for the agency to come onto his property against his wishes. The agent ignores his request and trespasses, trying to move the buffalo. The buffalo have other ideas and will not move. The landowners again tell the agent to leave the property and, finally, he does without the buffalo. The MDOL agent never shows any proof of his supposed right to trespass.
Update from the Field 6/12/14
* Update from the Field: Reflections from BFC's Co-Founder
* Sign Petition Requesting National Academy of Sciences to Review Brucellosis
* TAKE ACTION! Keep the Pressure on Montana's Governor
* Keep it Wild with the Buffalo & BFC This Summer!
* By the Numbers
* Last Words of Buffalo Inspiration ~ Julia, BFC Volunteer
Bison Management Directive from Governor Bullock to the Board of the Dept of Livestock
Buffalo Field Campaign 5/28/14
Born in a Buffalo Haze
Inside Yellowstone Park on May 22 during a Buffalo haze, a Mom (H4) went into labor. The Mom (H4) was left with some other Buffalo for the rest of the day. The next day May 23 the haze of her (H4) and her new born calf continued until they reached the Madison river. The exhausted calf could not make the swim across the river. Mom (H4) and the agents could not get the calf to move.
Buffalo Field Campaign 5/22/14
Spring Showers Bring
All along the Yellowstone ecosystem Buffalo are trying to enjoy Spring. Mom's giving birth, nursing newborns, eating grass and trying to relax after a long hard Winter. Unfortunately Montana cattle interests will not allow this peaceful sight to exist. The following is your tax dollars hard at work for Montana's cattle industry.
A Huge thanks to everyone who stepped up and contributed for Give Local Missoula! BFC received 120 separate donations for a total of $7613. And that's before the matching funds or prizes are applied. Thanks to you, we earned more than any other participating organization! Thank you for stepping up and supporting BFC's work to protect America's only continuously wild bison population in such a huge way! Click the image at left to see the totals!
Press Release 4/29/14
AN OPEN LETTER TO TRIBAL LEADERS & THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
FROM: Rosalie Little Thunder, Pte Oyate, Darrell Geist, Buffalo Field Campaign
Buffalo Field Campaign 4/30/14
Mad Science Gone Buffalo Wild
Special interests govern the management of our last wild Buffalo with your tax dollars. Here are two examples: removing Buffalo from private yards and a birth control study conducted by USDA's Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service. Birth control for the last wild Buffalo on Earth. Good idea?
Buffalo Field Campaign 4/17/14
Bison Management- Public Comment
Gail Richardson comments at the Interagency Bison Management Plan Meeting 4/10/14 in Bozeman, Montana. She addresses all of the people who make the bad choices of how the buffalo are treated with your tax dollars. Her comments are mixed with video showing the true story of the buffalo.
Earl Old Person, Chief of the Blackfeet Nation
Earl Old Person official Chief of the Blackfeet Nation speaks about the importance of the Buffalo to his Nation. He tells a story, sings a song, says a prayer and honors the people working to save the Buffalo.
* Tribal Slaughter Agreements Create Rifts
* Man Blocks Road to Yellowstone Bison Trap
* The Decimation of America's Last Wild Buffalo * TAKE ACTION TO STOP THE SLAUGHTER!
* The Buffalo Need You. Volunteer or Donate Today
* Buffalo in the News
* Submit Your Photos & Artwork to BFC's Wild Bison Calendar
* Participate in BFC's Summer Program!
* By the Numbers
* Last Words of Buffalo Inspiration
Press Release 3/6/14 BISON ACTIVIST CHARGED AND RELEASED
Comfrey Jacobs Arrested After Blocking Bison Trap Road for Over Two Hours
Press Release 3/6/14 MAN BLOCKS ROAD TO YELLOWSTONE BISON TRAP
Citizen Sacrifices Self to Draw Attention to, and Stop Wild Bison Slaughter
Press Release 2/12/14 YELLOWSTONE INITIATES 2014 WILD BISON SLAUGHTER:
25 of America’s Last Wild Bison Trapped at Stephens Creek; 20 Shipped to Slaughter
Lifetime Collective: Pearl Jam Honors
Wild Buffalo and the Work of BFC
The clothing company Lifetime, whose roots reach back to the design of t-shirts for the skate and snow culture, has collaborated with Pearl Jam to honor wild buffalo and the work of Buffalo Field Campaign.
You can view and order these special articles HERE
Now Available! In the Presence of Buffalo by BFC Executive Director Dan Brister
Press Release 4/15/13
MONTANA-WYOMING TRIBAL LEADERS COUNCIL PASSES BUFFALO RESOLUTION
Document calls for viable, wild populations of migratory buffalo
and for state and federal governments to uphold Treaty obligations